Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mein Dirndl




I'm feeling incredibly sorry for myself today... stuck to the couch with frozen peas on my ankle and a heat pack on my very sore neck...

Last night was the Tom Price Beerfest and I feel the need to share my disappointment at being the ONLY person (in a crowd of 200) that dressed up!! It was almost as if Tom Price was 'too cool'... not me!! Beth's daughter's even thought I was Alice in Wonderland!! You can imagine how irate I was when the advertised door prize for 'best dressed' was not awarded...

Other highlights included rolling my ankle quite badly on the walk there. That serves me right for trying to text and walk... and sets the feminist movement back a few hundred years, proving women aren't as good as we think at multi-tasking...

This didn't stop me from having the time of my life though... I'm fairly certain I have dancing induced whiplash...I actually did consider presenting to hospital with neck pain... but then I remembered how dramatic I sometimes get:)

Needless to say, I'm expecting at much higher standard from the locals at next month's Oktoberfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment