Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy Anniversary


Tonight I am celebrating 12 blissful months in Tom Price, with a lovely bottle of pinot! Shouldn't that read a xxxx stubbie? Honestly, who would have thought?

So what have I learnt?

1. A flat out no is the best way to ward off advances at the pub. (This does not however mean that the same man will not try again the following night. Points for determination I guess?)
2. A simple hat is the best way to ward off nits.
3. Eating world record sized insects helps to (marginally) reduce a fear of all bugs!
4. All snakes are bad snakes, even the common household variety.
5. Tears get me quite far (especially with telstra!), but give me an ugly face. Was this the actual reason for my 'allergic reaction/swollen face'?
6. Having a child before the age of 20 is always a terrible idea... all my patients are a glaring tribute to this!
7. The best way to make friends is to flash half a town!
8. I can do some pretty great things when I'm challenged... including climbing a 1235m mountain!
9. I like physio, and I'm not too shabby at it:)
10. I can survive by myself, in the middle of nowhere, with no support, and make the absolute best out of it!! That's my best ever lesson!

And what do I want to achieve this year...

1. ... some life direction... perhaps in the form of a five year plan?

I promise I'll get started tomorrow...

(Ps: This photo is taken at Tiger-eye pool, a local waterhole that fills up only after heavy rainfall. You need local knowledge and a good 4WD to get there... I guess that's me now... a local:)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mons, good to see you back writing.
    A good idea to get some direction in your twenties. Your auntie M is a glaring example of not getting your shit together early! xx

    ReplyDelete