Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Surprise Visitor




I just had the most amazing weekend yet in TP! On Thursday night Sarah rang me to make sure we were still on for a skype date. I was setting up my computer when I heard a knocking at the door. Thinking it was some unwelcome visitor I answered in a flurry, only to find Sarah herself standing there (on my flooded front porch!)

We had such a great time together. It's by far the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me, I can't believe what an amazing friend she is, I'll really never forget it.

FRIDAY: Beth gave me the afternoon off, so Sarah and I got our domestic housewife on, and made triple chocolate brownies and caramelised onion and goats cheese tarts. We then drank a vodka goon bag (Tom Price just brings out the classy in me) and headed down to watch the touch rugby semi-finals, before hitting the pub with the locals, fab!

SATURDAY: Sarah and I headed off to the gorges. I felt so proud to show her how gorgeous tom price and karijini really is. Seeing it through another persons eyes made me realise how much I love it here. This day, most importantly, is the day I bought my akubra. I'm a true country woman now, I may just need a horse to go with it? That night I took Sarah to watch the first afl game of the season, then out to Thai and finally home for popcorn and a movie... although we were too exhausted to sit through it all:)

SUNDAY: On Sunday we went up to the lookout and were lucky enough to see a huge iron-ore train run past. They apparently have over 240 carriages and can be up to 3km long. We also finished our vodka goon... given. Then we relaxed, ate even more and eventually said our good byes. It's definitely a weekend I'll treasure. And even though I was teary, she made me realise how much I can enjoy it here, and for that I am insanely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment