Friday, February 18, 2011

And so begins my obsession with reptiles...

The past couple of weeks have brought with them some great ups, and of course some not so great lows.

Everyday here something surprises me, here are the top 5 for the week.

1. In order to fit in here you must be pregnant. The average age of the town is 11... which certainly makes it hard to meet people...
2. Everything here shuts at lunchtime... When are working people supposed to go to the post office/bank/bakery? Tom Price. Sleepy town of the Pilbra?
3. Skinny snakes aren't necessarily friendly.... A whip snake caused a lockdown at the hospital on Monday. Like his name suggests he is very skinny, fast and aggressive. He was lurking around the automatic doors of the hospital, and then devoured a lizard! The snake man came and caught him with a hessian bag, just like they do on tv! Crocdile dundee eat your heart out.
4. One of my patients rocked up to the hospital in just boardies... no singlet. Is this normal country beahivour? He also had the foulest cigarette breath, which seemed to linger within his chest length beard. He gave me a lasting headache.
5. I treated my first ever 'high' patient. Although I'm not sure why it is called high? She was so sleepy and out of it. And will obviously experience no benefit from seeing me. In order to get her pain medication, which is integral to her way of life, she needs to be in pain. So nothing I can do will help with that. Win!!

What can next week possibly bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment