Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thank you Barney Stinson


20/02/2011
I have had an epiphany, after what was probably the worst birthday ever. I always get a bit down on my birthday, but this one was a disaster. Turning (god forbid) 25 was always going to be horrid... a quarter of a century! But I didn't even have friends and family around to console me and tell me I have achieved things in my first 25 years. People couldn't even tell me that over the phone seeing as the reception is still down. All in all, it was a really bad weekend.

BUT... Barney Stinson, who is fast becoming an idol, helped me get out of this rut. And I quote...

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead... True story !"

and so that's what I'll do. I have to make the most of this experience. How many people can say they lived and worked in the Pilbra for a year. What I will learn here is like no other, so I may as well make the most of it. Being sad is a waste of my time, surely.
I decided to seize this new attitude and take a walk up to the lookout near my house... and look at the amazing view that was waiting for me there

No comments:

Post a Comment