Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The heat wave continues...

02/02/2011

Today was a far better day. It started with an orientation of the hospital. This didn't take long seeing as there are only 8 beds... quaint some may say:) I was also temporarily relocated due to the aircon situation... thank god! My tears as I arrived at work must have said it all... The hospital lent me a car to do my relocating in, another huge plus. This gave me a chance to get to coles and buy the things I couldn't usually lug back, ie: freezer items and 30L of water. Apparently you can't drink the water here, something else I would have loved to have known prior to moving here! Yesterday even...

That night I headed out to dinner with a friend I've known since high school. He works on the Marandoo mine site and invited me up to the mess. It was lovely to get out and meet people, although slightly awkward as I was wearing the same top as the wait staff. I arrived in my very flash country road SLEEVELESS top... and was refused entry. Apparently singlets are unhygienic... what, with my locks of plaited underarm hair? So a waitress lent me her work top which caused quite the stir. Meanwhile, I sat next to two men, in their full mining get-up, stinky from a hard day at work. I would honestly love to know who was more hygienic?

Tom Price, I do not love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment