Thursday, February 24, 2011

Brian Bush






Today we headed out to Youngaleena, an Aboriginal community about 2 hours away from Tom Price. We were having a great time playing with the kids... and then this big red land cruiser pulled up with the number plate 'snakes' ... never a good sign!! Out hopped Brian bush with his 'pets'. His lizards were even wearing hats! Unfortunately I wasn't brave enough to hold the head end of the snake. I was instead holding the 'penis' end according to Brian. And, great fact for the day, snakes have 2 penises and can mate for up to 17 hours!! I am learning bucket loads in Tom Price!

Brian takes his snakes all around Australia - and his technique for snake catching has been taken to over 400 countries! He was once even bitten by a king brown... true australian legend!
(Dad just informed me that there are not, in fact, 400 countries! Oops... I do however stand by my australian reptile facts:)

Best day I've had in Tom Price yet! Sarah suggested I may even be the love child of Steve Irwin and Malcom Douglas.

In Summary, I was brave enough to hold reptiles, and I got nits... Win:)

No comments:

Post a Comment