Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dinner Guest


I have had yet another snake incident. I went over to my friend Gina's house for dinner tonight... all was going well, brilliant in fact!! We were siting outside, enjoying a glass of wine before firing up the barbie. All of a sudden her dog went berserk, and hanging out under the table was a giant king brown!! (Only one of the Pilbara's most deadly... just the norm really:) It curled up in the corner and we had to keep a flashlight on it until the snake man arrived (Jim and Dot, your friendly household snake removers...). It was well over a metre when Jim fished him out... Apparently he releases them back into the wild, out at the airport. I won't be wearing thongs when I next catch a plane!

It actually made for a great night. A perfect accompaniment to our fresh salmon from the fish truck!

I have also attached a photo of a regular Pilbara grasshopper. (The one I ate was about half this size...)

No comments:

Post a Comment